The system is defined for the types of threat situations, and immediately alerts an operator. This cuts short the time it takes to respond for services or voice communications at the scene. This includes among other things:
- person lying down
- left object
- animals in Family Activity Zones (playgrounds, parks, barbecue areas, etc.)
- crowds gathering in public spaces (critical during pandemics)
- vehicle collisions
- parking in prohibited places
- driving against the traffic directional flow
- damage caused by wind or flooding
The system also supports traffic control in the city. LPR (License Plate Recognition) gateways show the flow of traffic and help detect such things as runaway or stolen vehicles. The operator can also tell relevant services which direction a wayward car is going.
- The number of car thefts decreased from 337 in 2016 to 79 cases in 2020. This trend was supported by the detection of crimes in this category going from 16.4% to 76%.
- In 2020, the total crime detection rate reached 67.4%, when the Municipal Police used nearly 2.5 thousand video surveillance recordings.