High performance functionality benefits large-scale video surveillance projects
COPENHAGEN – January 5th, 2011. Milestone Systems, the open platform company in IP video management software, today has released version 4.0 of XProtect® Corporate. Infinitely scalable federated architecture, extended user rights, bookmarking, multi-stage video grooming and support for edge storage expand the capabilities for powerful, reliable management of large-scale security system operations.
XProtect Corporate is the top-of-the-line offering in the Milestone family of open platform IP video management software, designed for high capacity, multi-site installations, supporting unlimited numbers of cameras and users. This newest version 4.0 of XProtect Corporate includes key additions:
- Milestone Federated Architecture™ provides infinite scalability through central management of all federated entities in a system hierarchy on ALL levels of multiple sites – all the way out from headquarters to subsidiaries and each of their branch offices.
- Extended User Rights allow customizing user access and operation by skill levels, tasks, or time profiles (such as guards on shifts), by individual or as groups.
- Alarm Management gives consolidated and prioritized overviews for enhanced alarm handling with rule definitions for event triggers and dynamic camera previews, including work instructions, escalation or forwarding actions. These improve response times and reduce the number of false alarms.
- Bookmark incidents in both live and playback modes with time-synchronized video previews to ease evidence creation and share details to speed up investigations.
- Multi-Stage Storage lets system administrators measurably optimize storage in levels, defining chains and timing multiple archives to different drives and hardware, grooming the video data by reducing the number of frames at each stage. Check storage status in the system dashboard at any time, including usage by camera.
- Edge Storage Support is now ready: this ground-breaking technology can be deployed as the cameras providing onboard storage become available from the manufacturers. This will increase system reliability during maintenance down-time or for installations with cameras on wireless, public internet or other environments where network connections can be temporarily lost. Edge storage is a safeguard to ensure uninterrupted recording.
“Milestone has a great performance story to share: XProtect Corporate 4.0 brings a new chapter in database optimization. In synergy with the hardware configuration, you can now get exponentially more video written to the database. This means that you can reduce the overall cost of your hardware needs because we help streamline those requirements,” states Christian Bohn, VP Marketing & Product Development at Milestone Systems. “Milestone’s unique video archiving model has also been further developed with multi-stage grooming, encryption and recording configuration options that significantly lower the cost of storage.”
XProtect Corporate 4.0 is available for purchase through Certified Milestone Partners worldwide (for details, see Where to buy).
This press release is available in 14 other languages: Arabic, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian and European Spanish or Latin American Spanish.
Founded in 1998, Milestone Systems is the worldwide industry leader in open platform IP video management software, according to IMS Research six years in a row. Milestone XProtect® has been installed in thousands of customer installations, sold through authorized and certified partners in more than 100 countries. With support for the widest choice in network hardware and integration with other systems, XProtect provides best-of-breed solutions to ‘video enable’ organizations – managing risks, protecting people and assets, optimizing processes and reducing costs.