Lake Oswego/OREGON – July 24th, 2019
- More than 2,000 law enforcement officers from the midwest United States, Canada, and Costa Rica attended the 2019 Ohio Tactical Officer Association training conference.
The pilot course was one of 200 courses provided at the conference and designed by Jack M. Hall
, co-owner of LEOTTA (Law Enforcement Officer Technology Training Associates). The course was developed to introduce students to the benefits and real-world scenarios of using IP cameras for law enforcement operations like video surveillance.
Hall has nearly 20 years of experience delivering technological training to law enforcement, and his company (LEOTTA) specializes in interactive, technology-based training for law enforcement and public safety.
During the pilot, students were given hands-on training with a variety of market-leading video surveillance technologies. Milestone provided their XProtect® Video Management System
(VMS), Razberi provided their network appliances Rugged™, ServerSwitchIQ™
and health monitoring software, and Axis provided their PTZ IP network cameras
All these technologies were necessary to provide the comprehensive course materials:
- Overview of the evolution of analog surveillance to digital IP video technology
- Introduction to Axis IP cameras: Working the camera functions, setting motion detection zones, alerts, and PTZ Gatekeeper functions as they would relate to investigative or critical incident operations
- Importance of camera orientation and the uses in different types of law enforcement operations and surveillance goals
- Introduction to Razberi network appliances
- Razberi Monitor™ to manage the health of Axis PTZ IP cameras
- Razberi Rugged™ demonstrated easy IP camera security from one device and MAC address security alerts from an outdoor appliance
- Razberi ServerSwitchIQ™ showed simple shared connection to Milestone XProtect VMS
- Introduction to Milestone XProtect video management system
- How to import the cameras into the management client
- How to set motion detection in the management client
- How to set the cameras to RTSP protocol in the management client
- How to view live or recorded video, bookmark, share evidence, etc. with XProtect
- Introduction to Siklu wireless network extenders
- How to extend the local video management system network to be accessed by another network for viewing or control of the video network at a distance
Throughout the course, instructors pointed out that Razberi ServerSwitchIQ is an all-in-one appliance that serves the purpose of: PoE switch to power the cameras and view the web interface with a laptop or other wired device through the PoE switch.
“The pilot class was a success: student feedback was extremely positive and useful for our final development of the three-day course,” said Hall. All the products used during the course were used with integrated harmony to provide a complete solution for law enforcement operations. Final development of the course will be launched in Detroit later this year, according to Hall, who continued, “the Razberi Rugged was enjoyed by students - they remarked on the ease of using one device to set the network and cameras.”
Attendees who engaged with the Milestone, Razberi, and Axis products were impressed with their capabilities and were interviewed after the pilot, with this feedback:
- “Enjoyed the hands-on experience with the camera web interfaces and easily shared the web interface with multiple students logged into the interface (via Razberi ServerSwitchIQ) to view same on their computers.”
- “The web interface was simple to set up and had little difficulty following in-course instruction for IP camera lab practicals.”
- “Quite impressed with the ease of use of Milestone and appreciated the program interface.”
- “Connecting the Siklu wireless network extenders to the basic router for internet connectivity and the Razberi appliance were quite simple through the web interface.
About Razberi Technologies
Razberi Technologies makes it simple to manage and secure video surveillance and network-connected device solutions. Designed to meet the needs of any sized organization, the Razberi platform offers intelligent appliances for video surveillance and IoT technologies, automated cybersecurity, and health monitoring software. Razberi appliances are compatible with top video management systems (VMS) and any network camera. The company is headquartered in Dallas. For more information, visit razberi.net
. For news and viewpoints visit Razberi Pulse
.About Milestone Systems
Milestone Systems is a leading provider of open platform video management software; technology that helps the world see how to ensure safety, protect assets and increase business efficiency. Milestone enables an open platform community that drives collaboration and innovation in the development and use of network video technology, with reliable and scalable solutions that are proven in more than 150,000 sites worldwide. Founded in 1998, Milestone is a stand-alone company in the Canon Group.
For more information visit: www.milestonesys.com
. For news and other press releases, visit our Newsroom
. Click here
for information on Trademarks.