CLEARWATER, Fla. (June 2007)
Tech Data Corporation, a leading IT products distributor, today announced its Physical Security Specialized Business Unit (SBU) has expanded its solutions offering to include Milestone Systems IP video management software. Tech Data will distribute Milestone’s XProtect line of video capture, management and storage software solutions designed for large enterprises and small-to-midsize businesses (SMBs).
"Businesses of all sizes are replacing traditional analog security systems with IP-enabled physical security solutions that provide greater functionality and higher returns on investment," said Chuck Bartlett, Tech Data’s vice president, Networking Product Marketing. "The addition of Milestone’s XProtect software complements our extensive networking infrastructure, cameras, DVRs and other hardware products, enabling resellers to develop physical security solutions for a wide range of end-user environments."
Milestone’s XProtect software is built upon an open architecture, providing VARs with the ability to design comprehensive solutions utilizing cameras, video decoders and storage solutions from an array of leading manufacturers. The Physical Security SBU will offer Milestone’s XProtect Corporate, XProtect Enterprise, XProtect Professional and XProtect Basis+ software solutions. Resellers can leverage the XProtect line to deploy large enterprise-class solutions spread across multiple sites and servers supporting thousands of cameras or an SMB implementation with a single server managing less than 25 cameras. The SBU’s dedicated physical security specialists will aid in selecting the right software on a project-by-project basis and also support resellers with licensing and authorization assistance.
"Tech Data’s Physical Security SBU provides resellers with the expertise, product offering and dedicated support they need to capitalize on this market," said Eric Fullerton, President, Milestone Systems Inc. "By partnering with Tech Data, we’re further strengthening our channel program and commitment to resellers. We’ll work closely with the SBU to ensure resellers have the support they need to profitably take advantage of the demand for the latest physical security solutions."
Tech Data also will distribute XProtect Transact and Retail, and XProtect Central. These add-on solutions offer enhanced functionality such as linking video recordings with transaction data in a point-of-sale environment, or remote monitoring of security devices attached to the network.
Tech Data’s Physical Security SBU provides resellers with access to dedicated sales and technical resources. Its product offering ranges from security monitoring systems and software to IP cameras and digital video recorders. Additionally, resellers can leverage Tech Data’s broad product offering and extensive technical expertise to deploy the networking infrastructure and display solutions necessary to support these physical security installations.In addition to Milestone, the Physical Security SBU business partners include:
• 4XEM: IP cameras, video servers, encoders and related accessories that include housings, enclosures, camera lenses, POE splitters and surveillance software
• Aimetis: video management, analytic and recording software
• Axis Communications: IP security cameras, lenses, camera enclosures, mounting hardware, video servers, wireless network hardware and accessories
• Bosch: IP-enabled surveillance and security products
• Computar: precision optical video lenses for analog and IP-based video cameras
• D-Link: IP security cameras, lenses and enclosures
• IPX: network cameras, environmental enclosures, Power-over-Ethernet and custom configurations
• ISONAS Security Systems: advanced, panel-free IP door control solutions
• JVC: IP security cameras
• NetBotz an APC Company: IP security cameras with environmental monitoring
• NUUO: network video recording (NVR) software
• Panasonic: Wireless and wired network cameras, recording and management Software, and HD-PLC (High Definition Power Line Communication) Ethernet Adaptors.
• Q-See: biometric devices, PC-based and standalone DVRs, IP cameras, accessories and surveillance kits.
• Sony: IP security cameras, camera enclosures, mounting hardware, wireless network hardware, accessories and video servers
• Toshiba: IP security cameras and mounting hardware
• United Digital Technologies (UDT): Engineered IP-based physical security systems and solutions.
• Vivotek: IP security cameras and hardware accessories
Tech Data’s Broadline/Specialized Advantage
Through its Specialized Business Units (SBUs), Tech Data offers IT resellers the dedicated expertise of a specialty distributor combined with the infrastructure and economies of scale that only a broadline global market leader can deliver. Tech Data’s SBUs focus on the specific needs of resellers serving markets for Apple products, document imaging, RFID/AIDC, physical security, professional audio/video, supplies and accessories, and telephony. Learn more about Tech Data’s Physical Security SBU by calling (800) 208-3190.
Through its Specialized Business Units (SBUs), Tech Data offers IT resellers the dedicated expertise of a specialty distributor combined with the infrastructure and economies of scale that only a broadline global market leader can deliver. Tech Data’s SBUs focus on the specific needs of resellers serving markets for Apple products, document imaging, RFID/AIDC, physical security, professional audio/video, supplies and accessories, and telephony. Learn more about Tech Data’s Physical Security SBU by calling (800) 208-3190.About Tech Data
Founded in 1974, Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ GS: TECD) is a leading distributor of IT products, with more than 90,000 customers in over 100 countries. The company's business model enables technology solution providers, manufacturers and publishers to cost-effectively sell to and support end users ranging from small-to-midsize businesses (SMB) to large enterprises. Ranked 109th on the FORTUNE 500®, Tech Data generated $21.4 billion in sales for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2007. For more information, visit www.techdata.com