Aronson Security Group (ASG), a premier integrator of enterprise security solutions, will host the 8th annual ASG Security Summit on March 5th 2009, at Seattle's Bell Harbor International Conference Center. Nationally recognized as a leading forum for enterprise security, this year's summit will focus on 'Innovations in Integration' ' addressing the issue of efficiently and effectively integrating disparate technologies (legacy and new), as well as leadership and changes in the industry. These issues have been identified as being the current top concerns for executive level individuals.
'Business leaders in today's market frequently comment that it's difficult to sort out the critical information from the noise in the midst of the security industry's rapid change. The Summit's purpose is to identify that critical information and allow business leaders to benefit from the knowledge and experience of world-class subject matter experts on emerging technology and integration trends,' said Phil Aronson, CEO of ASG.
The 2009 summit features key thought leaders and leading-edge technology vendors in the security market.
Summit speakers include:
• Steve Hunt, Founder and CEO of Hunt Business Intelligence, known for nudging, prodding and sometimes kicking-in-the-seat-of-the-pants the security industry and its colorful personalities. He has worked in both physical and IT security, and from 1998 to 2005 he headed the security research practices at Giga Information Group and Forrester Research. Hunt was named a CSO Magazine Compass Award Winner and one of Security Magazine's "25 most influential" in 2006. Hunt is the Founder and CEO of Hunt Business Intelligence, an industry advisory firm providing insight into trends and best practices shaping the future of technology.
• Johnny Walker, Group Program Manager, Technology Services, Microsoft Global Security, who, with more than thirty years of professional experience in Navy Security Forces (USN), public law enforcement, corporate security and technology development, leads the development of enterprise security systems and technology strategy for Microsoft Global Security. He envisions a rapidly approaching tipping point in the security industry where customers will rely on increasingly intelligent edge devices that leverage common communication standards, feed highly interoperable commercial off the shelf (COTS) technologies, and will ultimately lead to entirely new innovations in utility and analytical software in ways we can hardly imagine today; all of this in a drive to present decision makers with powerful choices in common operating pictures.
• Bill Jacobs, Corporate Director of Integrated Building and Risk Technologies for Cisco Systems, Inc., who, over the last 14 years, has helped lead the team that designed and implemented one of the world's largest enterprise IP-enabled access control and digital video management systems, spanning 450 locations worldwide. Jacobs has been in the security industry for over 25 years, working as an Operations Manager for a large system's integrator, a partner in a private consulting practice, as System's Manager for Apple Computer, and as a Security Manager for Borland and other Silicon Valley corporations. Recently, he has helped spearhead an emerging convergence of facility systems technology continuing Cisco's leadership in driving business value through security.
Technical breakout sessions and exhibits will be sponsored by leading security software and hardware manufacturers, including:
• ASSA ABLOY (Platinum sponsor) ' Provider of advanced security solutions
• AXIS Communications (Gold sponsor) ' Global market leader in network video products
• LENEL (Gold sponsor) ' Provider of integrated systems for the commercial security market
• ICX Technologies (Gold sponsor) ' Leader in the development and integration of advanced sensor technologies
• RightCrowd (Gold sponsor) ' Provider of middleware software converging security with business enterprise systems
• AMAG Technology (Silver sponsor) ' Provider of intelligent, networked, scalable security solutions
• Milestone Systems (Silver sponsor) ' Global market leader in open platform IP video surveillance software
• On-Net Surveillance Systems, Inc. (Silver sponsor) ' Comprehensive IP video surveillance control and management software solutions
• Sony (Silver sponsor) ' Leader in video-monitoring products, with expertise in server, display, storage and software technologies
• Stanley Healthcare Solutions (Silver sponsor) ' Leading provider of security and safety systems to protect people in healthcare environments
• Pivot3 (Silver sponsor) ' Fastest-growing surveillance storage company
ASG projects attendance of 300 for this year's summit. In past years, 80% of attendees have been security decision makers. Security Summit registration is available online at www.asgsecuritysummit.com
or by phone at 206-442-0040. About ASG
) is the premier independent security integrator for enterprise security solutions. Founded in 1963, ASG provides engineering excellence and world-class service to premier organizations, including Microsoft, Weyerhaeuser, Nordstrom, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Overlake Hospital and Washington's state government. With the acquisition of Selectron on January 31, 2008, the largest independent security integrator in Oregon, ASG is now the largest independent security integrator in the Pacific Northwest, and top 25 in North America.