everRun allows the user to run XProtect with zero down-time in the face of server or network failures. The everRun software runs on standard servers with standard networking technology. Only a single license of XProtect, SQL and other applications is needed.
What is needed?
From Milestone Systems
everRun zero down-time redundant server solution - everRun transparently manages redundant servers for a single license XProtect system.
everRun is unique in the industry, since it’s the only software product that can be loaded onto two standard servers, to create a single instance Windows or Linux environment, which provides zero down-time and zero data-loss.
The everRun software hides and manages all aspects of the redundancy, so no scripting is needed and no special software is needed in the Operating System, XProtect, SQL or any other application.
everRun mirrors the two servers used. Anything can fail and XProtect and other applications keep running. A downed server can be repaired and reconnected and will automatically join back in and synch back up, without Windows, XProtect or any other application being aware of this happening or doing anything special.
ztC is a turnkey everRun system including two small ruggedized servers. A non-IT technician can install the hardware and load the application software.
• Very high availability, zero down-time, zero data loss redundancy
• Servers side by side or separated by less than 2 miles. XProtect on the redundant hardware appears on the network as long as one server keep running
• ztC turnkey everRun system: a technician can install hardware and software. No IT needed.
• Very simple GUI for managing hardware and software.
• Software can be loaded the normal way or by simply loading a VMWare image.