XProtect® Web Client
XProtect Web Client is a web-based interface with simplified surveillance functions.
XProtect Web Client is an intuitive, web-based interface to view, play back and share video. It provides instant access to the most commonly used functions, and it is quick to learn and simple to operate for users of all levels. Available in 27 languages, XProtect Web Client provides remote access to the surveillance system from all common browsers and computer operating systems. XProtect Web Client runs on any Internet-enabled computer or device without installation, including optional browser plug-ins. It offers system scalability and an optimized user experience in systems with many users.
View XProtect Web Client videos
XProtect Web Client gives access to surveillance from all the most common browsers and computer operating systems, so users can access surveillance off-site. With no need to install additional software, users can monitor their XProtect system anywhere from any Internet-enabled computer or device.
Easy to use
Milestone continually strives to make XProtect VMS easy to use, so we offer three flexible ways for users to access surveillance: XProtect Smart Client, Milestone Mobile and XProtect Web Client. Depending on where you are and what features you need, you can choose the mobile device or computer you prefer to use and whether you want to access Milestone surveillance on-site, off-site or on-the-go. And because all of our clients are free of charge, you can use all three or any combination of the clients based on your preferences.
XProtect Web Client key features
Simple to use
- Essential surveillance functions: Instantly view live video from one or multiple cameras, play back video recordings and control pan-tilt-zoom cameras
- Wide compatibility: Works with all of the most common operating systems and web browsers including: Microsoft® Windows®, Linux, OS X®, Microsoft Internet Explorer®, Safari®, Google Chrome™ and Mozilla® Firefox®
Securely share video
- Easy evidence sharing: Send video (AVI) or still images (JPEG) with other online users, eliminating the need to burn evidence to a DVD or put it on a USB flash drive
- HTTPS support: Provides secure communication between XProtect Web Client and Milestone Mobile server
Remote system access
- Output control: Even when off-site, users can trigger outputs, such as opening/closing doors and switching lights on/off
- Milestone Federated Architecture™ support: Users can access cameras from all sub-sites in large, multi-site installations
Download XProtect Web Client and the
Milestone Mobile server component for free!
To use XProtect Web Client, the Milestone Mobile 2013 server component must be installed on the server that runs your Milestone surveillance system or on a dedicated server. See the Release Notes for details.
XProtect Web Client video tutorials
Watch the XProtect Web Client tutorials to learn more about the features of Milestone's easy-to-use client application. The videos show the basic functions of the client interface as well as demonstrate how to create and modify views, export evidence and view video in live or playback mode.
Get more resources on XProtect Web Client
Here you can find brochures, specifications, videos and much more about XProtect Web Client.
XProtect Web Client is compatible with the following browser versions and higher: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, Safari 5, Google Chrome 16 and Mozilla Firefox 11
The direct streaming option is a complement to the existing server-side transcoding and requires the installation of an XProtect browser-plugin on the user’s computer, unlike the normal use of the XProtect Web Client that can run directly in a standard browser without installation of any additional software. Browser plug-ins for client side decoding is available for the following browsers and operating systems: Firefox® (Windows®) and Safari® (Mac OS X®)
Chrome is a trademark of Google Inc.
OS X, Safari and Mac are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft, Windows and Internet Explorer are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Mozilla and Firefox are registered trademarks of the Mozilla Foundation