Check out Live Earth on Milestone Marketplace.
In the Smart Client, users can click the Live Earth logo at the bottom of the camera and open Live Earth in a new window. If users are working in Live Earth, they can click on the Milestone logo and open a new window in Live Earth.
When a user opens a camera in Live Earth and moves and manipulates the timeline, they can go back into XProtect and the timeline is also changed there. It’s fully synchronized and the timeline in the current system always takes precedence.
Live Earth found the MIP SDK to be beneficial because:
- The Developer Forum is a great resource and well put together.
- API Protocols: Live Earth uses the RESTFUL API so it’s easy to connect Live Earth with the MIP SDK. Initially, they found just integrating and pulling in the camera feeds and the time and date stamps were straightforward.
- The MIP SDK is easy to use and yet very complex with a great capability to bring in a lot of different data.
- Ability to expand and create more complex integrations – today this two-way system synchronizes events, Live Earth alerts, and timelines between the two systems.
- Quick response time: When Live Earth deals with exceptions like synchronizing time and date in Live Earth and XProtect, they find the Milestone team very responsive and easy to work with.
Live Earth channel business managers have regular meetings with Milestone sales managers to discuss international sales opportunities. Live Earth is also part of Milestone’s experience center in Australia and the majority of their Australian customers now come through this channel.
Furthermore, Live Earth increases business and innovation through collaboration: By working closely with Milestone’s technology partners and resellers, partners can bring customers to each other and find ways to solve customer problems and expand systems accordingly.