Loading the video...
Secure locally. Connect seamlessly. Manage centrally.
Combine the Milestone Husky™ network video recorders (NVR) with Milestone Interconnect™ to easily build a multi-site solution at a reduced cost. Gain freedom of choice at remote sites without compromising the need for advanced central management.
Milestone Interconnect™ connects remote sites for
cost-efficient distributed video surveillance
Milestone Interconnect is a unique system concept that allows all XProtect® video management software (VMS), the Milestone Husky™ NVRs and Milestone Arcus™ embedded appliances to be interconnected with Milestone premium software, XProtect® Corporate. Milestone Interconnect provides a cost-efficient and flexible way to gain central surveillance operation across geographically dispersed sites.
With this flexible concept, users can custom build their surveillance solutions by deploying any cost-efficient Milestone surveillance product to suit specific needs and budget at remote sites. Milestone solutions at those sites can be linked with the advanced surveillance functions of XProtect Corporate at the principal site using Milestone Interconnect. Each interconnected system is independent while video surveillance can be accessed and managed centrally.
Over time, small surveillance installations may expand over multiple sites, requiring advanced functionality, centralized monitoring and management. Milestone Interconnect prepares these installations for future growth and enables users to grow their systems to span multiple geographical locations as well as coordinate surveillance and management efforts across those sites.
Milestone Interconnect is the ideal surveillance solution for a wide variety of industries that want a cost-effective way to gain central surveillance of multiple sites spread across a region.
Central surveillance operation
- Easily monitor the most critical areas because individual cameras and sites can be interconnected and effectively viewed from one location
- Faster incident handling because operators in the central system can access video and receive alarms from the connected remote sites
- Centralized daily operations, including monitoring video and handling evidence, provides effective management of multiple stand-alone video surveillance installations
- Systems can be managed remotely, which reduces the need for local security personnel, maintenance, operational and other staff costs, including on-site visits
- Optimize storage using available remote and central storage and network resources
A solution for now and the future
- Expand a single, smaller surveillance system to span multiple geographical locations as needs increase and use Milestone Interconnect to coordinate surveillance and centralize management efforts across those sites
- Link individual cameras or whole sites to XProtect Corporate using Milestone Interconnect to access top-of-the-line functionality for a complete overview of multiple, remote locations
||Optimized for the connection of many small sites
||Optimized for the connection of fewer, larger sites
||All XProtect VMS, Milestone Husky NVRs and Milestone Arcus embedded products
||XProtect Expert and XProtect Corporate
||Unlimited number of remote sites can be interconnected to one central XProtect Corporate system
||Unlimited number of federated sites can be connected to one central XProtect Corporate system
||Video can be stored in a remote or central system with a combination of manual, event-driven or scheduled upload
||Storage is onlyavailable in the remote system with no transfer of video
||Tolerant against intermittent network connections. Video can be uploaded when the network is available with the option to throttle the used bandwidth1
||Requires stable network connections between federated sites2
|IT dependencies / User management
||Authentication of users in a remote system can be completed using basic user authentication in the XProtect VMS, Windows users or Active Directory users, where domain trust between the central system and interconnected remote sites is not a prerequisite
||Requires definition of users in a common Active Directory domain, or domain trust, between the central and federated sites
||Management of remote sites via integrated remote desktop connection
||Central management via the site navigation in the XProtect federated sites' Management Client
|Map and Alarm management
||Maps and alarms are defined in the central system
||Maps and alarms are defined in each federated site and added to a unified experience in XProtect Smart Client
||Bookmarks can be added centrally on all interconnected cameras regardless of the type of interconnected system
||Bookmarks can be added centrally on all federated cameras, where the bookmarks are stored in the federated system
||Each camera in an interconnected system and available in the central XProtect Corporate system requires a Milestone Interconnect device license
||Milestone Federated Architecture can be used freely and is not subject to additional licensing beyond the regular licensing of the VMS
1. Adequate network bandwidth must be available for live viewing of interconnected cameras and for playback when playing back video stored in the remote system
2. Adequate network bandwidth must be available for live viewing and play back of federated cameras
Supported Milestone products
XProtect Corporate 2013 or later*
*Please note that some products require 2013 R2 or later
XProtect Corporate 2013 or later
XProtect® Expert 2013 R
XProtect® Enterprise 8 or later
XProtect® Professional 8 or later
XProtect® Express 1 or later
XProtect® Essential 2 or later
Milestone Husky NVR series
Milestone Arcus embedded appliances
Milestone Interconnect compatibility
Get more resources on Milestone Interconnect
Here you can find brochures, specifications, videos and much more about Milestone Interconnect.