COPENHAGEN – January 12, 2016. Milestone Systems, the open platform company in IP video management software (VMS), will be at Intersec 2016 in Dubai UAE, January 17-19. The XProtect 2016 version of the company’s award-winning VMS will be launched on the first day of the show, marking the importance of this conference and the Middle East/Africa (MEA) region.
The full Milestone XProtect 2016 portfolio of products and the Milestone Husky range of NVR intelligent appliances will be on show at the Milestone booth SA-G12. Milestone partners will also be highlighting integrated solutions at the Milestone booth and throughout the showrooms.
Strong partner presence at Milestone booth
The Milestone partner community is essential to the Milestone open platform business strategy, and a strong partner presence in the Milestone trade show booth is always a natural part of this commitment. This year is no exception. Milestone partners will demonstrate a number of innovative solutions from advanced storage to video analytics on the edge.
Milestone Solution Partners presenting at the Milestone Intersec booth:
- Allied Telesis offers a diverse portfolio of products and a suite of features, that can enhance the ability to securely and reliably transport security video footage across an IP network.
- EMC Corporation provides advanced, resilient and highly scalable storage solutions dedicated to handling comprehensive video data needs.
- Huawei provides a complete range of products for building and operating effective video surveillance systems including reliable, high-performance networking and video imaging, processing and storage products.
- Ipsotek delivers advanced video analytics include behavior detection, cognitive intelligence and alarm integration.
- ISONAS has a certified Milestone XProtect Access 2016 integration that showcases a pure IP solution for command and control from the front end via the XProtect Smart Client interface, with the ISONAS Crystal Matrix software on the back end.
- NetApp offers a portfolio of advanced storage products and services that satisfy a broad range of customer workloads across different data types and deployment models.
- Pivot3’s vSTAC hyper-converged platforms are specifically optimized for video surveillance data storage workloads to provide the highest levels of performance, resiliency and mobility.
- Prysm’s integrated PSIM solutions include aggregated data intelligence gathering, audio and video.
- Quantum’s storage infrastructure not only handles volumes of video data with ease, but also delivers streaming performance and real-time access to data, regardless of whether it’s on disk, tape, or in the cloud.
- Fujitsu storage solutions are especially adapted for all sizes of VMS installations. The systems are scalable and highly reliable making them a perfect fit for video-centric storage.
Milestone XProtect 2016 showcase
In continuation of Milestone’s ongoing commitment to maximize the business value of video management systems for partners and customers, XProtect 2016 contains many new features to ease deployment of systems and to optimize systems operations.
The user benefits are in four areas:
- Improved System Performance – Hardware decoding enables use of the latest 4K/UHD camera technology and improves video rendering performance. An extended system monitor gives real-time overview of system status with proactive systems management. New functions move devices between servers for seamless system expansions and flexible operations.
- Optimized Incident Handling – Push notifications in the Milestone Mobile client enable on-the-go situational awareness. Rich Smart Wall content with alarms, images, bookmarks, interactive maps and more improves incident response time and operational focus. PTZ handling in the XProtect Smart client is optimized to further hone operator efficiency.
- Reduced Operational Expenses - License handling has been simplified to facilitate faster and easier installation and system updates. Off-line systems now have far more elasticity in licensing without needing to be online. Smart Connect enables easy mobile user setup. The Customer Dashbord (online system monitoring) for proactive service by Milestone partners to ensure optimum operation, has been extended with the ability to document maintenance history and system performance.
- Video Enablement - Milestone XProtect LPR and Access (Access Control Module) have been further improved. In XProtect LPR 2016 the list of countries with supported license plates has been extended, also in MEA with the inclusion of Tanzania and UAE to the list. XProtect Transact 2016 for retail solutions has been further integrated with the XProtect Smart Client to make investigation of incidents more efficient.
“Milestone open platform technology is the key factor that adds value with our partner community. Intersec is a very important show to us and we are proud to make the official launch of XProtect 2016 here, as this immense update sets our partner community and joint customers in control like never before,” says Thomas Lausten, Milestone Systems VP EMEA. “We are dedicated to strengthening our local presence across the whole MEA region, in order to respond to the many new opportunities in the region with our open platform technology and dedicated partner community.”
Pictures of Thomas Lausten
Milestone images from Intersec 2015.
YouTube: XProtect 2016 launch video
About Milestone Systems
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs. For more information, visit: www.milestonesys.com.
Use of trademarks
Milestone Systems and the Milestone logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Milestone Systems in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of the Milestone trademarks can be found at news.milestonesys.com/trademark-information. All other trademarks and registrations are property of their respective owners.
Milestone Press Contacts:
Ingvill Solbo Christiansen, INSCH Marketing and Communication
Tel: +971 52 690 3116
Jos Svendsen, PR Manager EMEA
Tel: +45 2552 9383
Courtney Dillon Pedersen, PR Manager US/APAC
Tel. +1 (503) 719-3439