Upgrade XProtect® Essential Customers to XProtect® Express – for free
Tuesday, 4 October 2016
Author: Kimberly Sallingboe
We know we have a loyal XProtect® Essential customer base, and now that Essential will be our free product, we want to help these customers migrate to a system that can meet their current and future surveillance needs.
The offer for customers without Care Plus
For a limited time only, we’re introducing a campaign that enables existing Essential customers to upgrade to XProtect® Express. This is a fantastic opportunity for Essential customers to get a more advanced product at a significantly reduced cost, and for you to reconnect with your XProtect Essential install base. From now until December 31, 2016, existing XProtect Essential customers without Milestone Care™ Plus can upgrade to XProtect Express for free, when they purchase three years of Milestone Care Plus at a 50% discount. Here’s what they save by taking advantage of this campaign:
If customers don’t want to purchase Care Plus, they can still upgrade to XProtect Express using our standard 30% trade-in discount.
The offer for customers with Care Plus
Customers who already have a valid Care Plus can upgrade to XProtect Express for free. This offer applies to all customers with a valid Care Plus agreement.
Why customers should upgrade
Upgrading to XProtect Express offers customers a number of advantages:
- Support for Milestone Interconnect™ - The new free version of XProtect Essential will not include support for Milestone Interconnect™. So upgrading to XProtect Express is a great way for customers with multiple locations to ensure that their remote sites can be connected to their XProtect® Corporate hub site.
- Access to new functionality – Upgrading to XProtect Express will ensure that customers can take advantage of new product updates
- System expansion – Since their current version of XProtect Essential will eventually be discontinued, customers who want to maintain the possibility of adding cameras to their system should migrate to XProtect Express
- Support for third-party integrations – As the first level VMS that supports third-party integrations, XProtect Express enables customers to combine video with other business systems, such as access control or point of sale systems.
How to take advantage of the offer
For Essential customers without Care Plus, you can place the order using our order system, as usual. The system has been equipped to apply the campaign discount during the campaign period.
For Essential customers with a valid Care Plus agreement, you can upgrade the license in Customer Dashboard without any Milestone involvement.
Get an overview of existing XProtect Essential customers
You can get a full overview of all your existing XProtect Essential customers in Customer Dashboard (formerly the Software Registration Site), which is a part of My Milestone. You can also see the Care Plus coverage per installation so you know exactly which offer to pitch. If you need assistance, please feel free to contact Milestone’s partner and sales support team.
The fine print
There are a few things to keep in mind when deciding who should upgrade and when.
XProtect Essential 2014 will be discontinued on May 21, 2017. Add-on licenses and Care Plus for this VMS version will be available for purchase until that date.
XProtect Essential 2013 will be discontinued on October 7, 2016. Add-on licenses and Care Plus for this VMS version will be available for purchase until that date.
For more information on the discontinued stage of our product lifecycle, please visit our website.
- Until December 31, Essential customers without Milestone Care Plus can upgrade to XProtect Express for free, when they purchase three years’ Care Plus at a 50% discount
- Essential customers with Care Plus can upgrade to XProtect Express for free
- Upgrading to XProtect Express ensures customers have access to the latest functionality and can expand their system when needed
Disclaimer: This translation of the English version of this article is for information purposes only. In case of a discrepancy, the English original will prevail.