DALLAS, TX, March 2011 - Security Products magazine, the only integrated product magazine reaching the entire security market, announced the winners in the 2011 Security Products’ Govies Government Security award competition today. The awards honor outstanding government products in a variety of categories.
The Security Products’ Government Security Awards were launched in 2009 and re-launched as the Govies in 2011. The revamped program gives top entrants the added benefit of displaying their products in the Security Products booth (#1814) at the annual GovSec Conference & Expo, which will be held March 29-31 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
The judges narrowed down the 2011 submissions to those achieving top status. Platinum and Gold designations will be announced at GovSec.
The 2011 winners include entries from the following companies:
• HID - Multi-class Magnetic Strip Reader
• Codebench - PIVCheck Software Suite
• Quantum Secure - SAFE for Government Solution
• Viscount Systems - Freedom Encryption Bridge
• 2X - VirtualDesktopServer
• Pivot3 - HardBank
• Viscount Systems - ABC Vault
Fire & Life Safety
• System Sensor - CO1224TR Carbon Monoxide Detector with RealTest
• System Sensor - FAAST Fire Alarm Aspiration Sensing Technology
• System Sensor - SpectrAlert Advance Emergency Communications and Mass
• AtHoc - IWSAlerts
• FutureSentry - First Responder
• International Surveillance Technology, Inc. - Internet Portable Equipment Module
• International Surveillance Technology, Inc. - Micro Pem
• Axis Communications - P3346-VE Fixed Dome Network Camera
• Axis Communications - Q6034-E PTZ Dome Network Camera
• MOBOTIX - Q24M Hemispheric Camera
• Fortinet - FortiGate 5140
• Viewfinity - Viewfinity Privilege Management
Video Management Systems
• Milestone - XProtect Corporate 4.0
• Verint - Nextiva PSIM
• Video Insight - VMS Management System Release 4.3
• Berkeley Varitronics Systems - Watchhound Cell Phone Monitor
• Berkeley Varitronics Systems - Wolfhound-PRO Cell Phone DetectorAccess Control
“We’re pleased to announce that we had numerous outstanding entries in our 2011 Govies program,” said Ralph C. Jensen, Editor-in-Chief of Security Products. “I am looking forward to distributing the awards to the winning companies at GovSec and showcasing their products in our booth.”
In addition to being honored at GovSec, the winners will be featured on the Security Products website www.secprodonline.com and highlighted in a future issue of Security Products magazine. The magazine is distributed to more than 65,000 subscribers monthly, as well as at trade events including GovSec.