Retiring XProtect Express and Professional? Move forward with the brand-new Migration Assistant Tool
mandag, 20 maj 2019
Forfatter: Toyah Hunting
XProtect® Express and XProtect® Professional are retiring
For many years, XProtect Express and XProtect Professional have provided thousands of customers with easy-to-use video surveillance software. But as the pace of innovation accelerates, it’s important to focus on products better primed for the future. This means that by June 2024, XProtect Express and XProtect Professional will no longer be part of Milestone’s video management software portfolio. This retirement follows a gradual process over a five-year period.
Click here for details
Move forward with help from our NEW Migration Assistant Tool
Are you worried about migrating existing installations to more future-proof products? Our new Milestone Migration Assistant Tool makes it easier for resellers and system integrators to migrate XProtect Express and XProtect Professional installations to XProtect Express+, XProtect Professional+, XProtect Expert or XProtect Corporate.
How can the tool assist you?
Because XProtect Express and XProtect Professional are built on a different technology VMS platform than the rest of the VMS products, migrating from one of the retiring products to one of the more futureproof products is to be considered and treated as a re-installation.
The new Migration Assistant Tool will assist partners in the migration process by:
- Replicating all devices in the current installation, so that they automatically appear in the new system
- Ensuring that all device names and configurations are transferred, eliminating the time and effort it usually takes to add and configure devices
- Moving over all existing users and their password information
- Reproducing existing Smart Client views, saving you the hassle of re-producing them in the new system
What will the tool not do?
Due to the different technology behind each of the product lines, some settings and concepts are fundamentally different and can therefore not be included automatically in a migration process. That is why the Migration Assistant Tool will not:
- Migrate video, events and rules, alarms, permissions of users and roles, schedules and maps
- Migrate the complete system in a 1:1 format
How to get hold of it
You can find the tool in the Knowledge Base section on our website, along with a range of supporting materials like a migration guide and an interactive troubleshooting guide.